Providing a hope and a future for teen parents
What is Parent Life?
Parent Life reaches expectant and parenting teens and their children through intentional relationships and holistic ministry with trained adults and community partnerships, empowering the teens to make good choices and encouraging them to further their education and move toward independent living and become life-long followers of Jesus Christ.
In our Community:
- 80% of Colorado teen pregnancies are unintended
- 3 in 10 teenagers will get pregnant at least once before they turn 20
- 25% of moms who are teenagers have a second child within 24 months if they are not involved in a highly relational parenting teen’s program
- The biggest positive influence preventing teen pregnancy is healthy parental relationships
- The second is a healthy relationship with another trusted adult
Parent Life serves young people in the Denver Area through parenting groups, through a volleyball program, and has a program at one of the only schools that is tailored to the unique and multifaceted needs of teen parents, affecting two generations of their students.
Our staff and ministry leaders mentor and walk alongside these young people to change the outcomes of their families and seek eternal change throughout the rest of their lives and their children’s lives.
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Come to a See The Story ministry tour.
- Volunteer as a mentor or small group leader.
- Donate to support ongoing ministry.
For more information, please email Cherelle Cowan.